Product DescriptionPromote greater fire safety with the First Alert 7020B Hardwired Photoelectric Smoke Alarm with Battery Backup and Escape Light. Equipped with a photoelectric smoke sensor, this 120-volt AC smoke alarm reliably detects smoke produced by smoldering fires and alerts you with a loud 85-decibel alarm and an escape light. It also features Optipath 360 technology, which allows for more comprehensive detection of smoke, combustion particles, and other fire signatures by providing 360-degree sensor access. A universal mounting bracket and quick plug-in power connector make installation easy, while tamper-resistant locking pins keep the alarm secure. Designed to be wired directly into your home’s electrical system, this hardwired smoke detector features a backup battery that helps keep the alarm functioning even in the event of a power outage. It can be integrated with up to 12 First Alert or BRK hardwired alarms and up to six bells, horns, or repeaters. A latching indicator identifies which unit triggered the alarm, so you can know the location of the threat and plan an escape route. And thanks to the detector’s convenient test/silence button, you can easily check whether your alarm is functioning properly and mute false alarms.
Amazon.comThe BRK hardwire smoke alarm with photoelectric sensor and escape light is designed to reduce common “nuisance” alarms and light a path to safety. It’s an excellent choice for installations in or near kitchens, family rooms, or in hallways directly outside bathrooms and bedrooms.
The 7020B AC-powered smoke alarm includes these features:
- Photoelectric sensor which is more effective at detecting smoldering fires which smolder for hours before bursting into flame.
- 120-volt VAC inter-connectable (with maximum 18 compatible devices). The alarm can be interconnected with up to 12 other compatible smoke alarms and six compatible devices like bells, horns, repeaters and door closers. If one unit triggers an alarm, all smoke alarms in the series will sound. Power indicators show which unit in the series initiated the alarm.
- Escape light to help illuminate a path to safety.
- Automatically performs internal test of functionality.
- Quick connect pig tails for easy installation.
- 9-volt battery backup for peace of mind during power malfunction.
- Universal mounting bracket with screw slots.
- Optipath 360 technology allows 360-degree access to the layer of air on the ceiling or wall that carries the fire signatures (smoke, combustion particles and volatile components).
- Single test/silence button which both silences a non-threatening alarm or low battery warning and allows you to test the unit’s functionality.
- Low battery indication to alert you to change the backup battery.
- 10-year limited warranty.
All BRK Electronics smoke alarms meet UL 217 standard and are listed with the California State Fire Marshal. They use the new UL mandated repeating 85-decibel alarm horn pattern. 10-year limited warranty.–Bree Norlander
What’s in the Box
One smoke alarm, one 9-volt battery, and user’s manual.
- 120-volt hardwire smoke alarm with photoelectric sensor, battery backup, and escape light
- Inter-connectable with BRK and First Alert hardwired smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Features silence/test button and power indicator
- 85-decibel alarm; quick connect harness
- 9-volt battery included; 10-year limited warranty